• In such a place, no words are possible, just stupefied silence which makes one ask God: why? Why did You not say anything?
– Pope Benedict XVI – May 2006
because… He doesn’t exist?
• Napoléon : Votre travail est excellent mais il n’y a pas de trace de Dieu dans votre ouvrage
Laplace : Sire, je n’ai pas eu besoin de cette hypothèse
• If it turns out that there is a God, I don’t think that he’s evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he’s an underachiever
– Woody Allen
• The concept of “God” was until now the greatest objection to existence. We deny God, we deny the responsibility in God: only thereby do we redeem the world. – Nietzsche, Twilight of the idols
– F. Nietzsche, The Four Great Errors, 7
• I do not by any means know atheism as a result; even less as an event: it is a matter of course with me, from instinct. I am too inquisitive, too questionable, too exuberant to stand for any gross answer. God is a gross answer, an indelicacy against us thinkers—at bottom merely a gross prohibition for us: you shall not think!
– Nietzsche, Ecce homo – Why I am so clever
• God wants us to love him? And I hear that it’s not forced love. The threat of hell isn’t forcing his love on people? That is what I will never understand. That’s like me telling my son “if you don’t ever choose to love me then I am going to throw you in that oven over there, and you shall stay there for eternity”.
– by user Cindy W on Yahoo! Answers