Perl and SQLite3

Under Ubuntu 9.04, I installed DBD::SQLite from CPAN (http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/DBD-SQLite-1.30_02/) and got the error “The database disk image is malformed”.

This error only occurred when running Perl on a database created with sqlite3, but not sqlite.

I ran repair tools on the database and created new databases with only one entry and still got the error.

The solution was to uninstall DBD::SQLite from CPAN and install the package that comes in Ubuntu 9.04 libdbd-perl-sqlite3.

I am now able to run Perl on a sqlite3 database using DBD::SQLite.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s